Skip to main content Return to Top

Developer's Frequently Asked Questions

Is water/sewer service available in my area?

Best answered by this map: Service Provider Area

Will MAWSS repair my water/sewer lines coming to my house?

Anything past the property line/meter is out of MAWSS’ jurisdiction.  It is the homeowner’s responsibility.

How can I order an irrigation meter?

The quickest way is to complete the form online thru MAWSS’ website under “Pay, Start or Change Your MAWSS Account/Order Irrigation Meter”.  Other options are email, fax, mail or coming by our office. Visit our Irrigation Meter page.


How long does it take to have an irrigation meter installed?

It can take up to 5-7 business days for an irrigation meter to be installed.

Do I have to be home when they install the irrigation meter?

No.  It will be left in the “off” position.

Will I get a separate bill for the irrigation meter?

No.  It will be on your current bill as a second line item.

What’s the difference in a new tap and a double head meter?

A new tap comes directly off of MAWSS’ main water line in the ROW, and is placed at the property line.  A double head comes off the service line that currently serves the domestic meter and is placed beside the domestic meter.

Does it cost anything to move a meter?

Yes.  If the meter is a 5/8” meter & in neutral ground, it will be $470.00 to move it up to 10’.  If the meter is not in neutral ground, it will be based on cost to move the meter.  Anything farther than 10’ will be considered a new tap and the cost will depend on the meter size.  See Policy, Section 3.11 – Meter Relocation.

What size meters are available to have installed at my residence/business?

MAWSS’ meter sizes range from a 5/8” meter to a 12” meter. View document with meter sizes and charges.

How much does it cost to connect to water/sewer?

For water, it is based on meter size.  For sewer, in most areas, it is based on acreage.  There are additional capacity or impact fees associated with each service.  There is a one-time capacity assurance application fee for new developments, based on what that development will be. Contact Mapping/Connection at 251-694-3155.

Does MAWSS install/provide wastewater/sewerage grinder pumps in areas where they are required?  Will MAWSS fix it when it breaks down?

No.  It is the customer’s responsibility to obtain, install and maintain a grinder pump.

Can someone come and locate the water and sewer lines on my property?

MAWSS does not keep records of water and sewer lines beyond the meter or clean out at the street.


CALL 251-694-3164 PAY ONLINE


Call Center : 8:00AM - 5:00PMLobby: 8:00AM - 4:30PM FIND A LOCATION

EMERGENCIES - 24/7/365

CALL 251-694-3165