Supplier Diversity Program
The Mobile Area Water and Sewer System provides services to the greater Mobile community, which has a multi-cultured base.
It is the intent of this Board to provide equal access to each large, small, and disadvantaged business that desires to do business with the Board of Mobile Area Water and Sewer System. It is also the intent of the Board to develop a good faith effort with obtainable goals that will increase the number of small and disadvantaged businesses that do business with the Mobile Area Water and Sewer System.
For more information about the Supplier Diversity Program you may contact Felicia Thomas at 251-694-3194 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DBE16-01 Policy for Public Works Acts Contracts
- DBE17-01 Supplier Diversity Policy for Contracts for Small Public Works and Other Goods and Services that exceed $15,000
- DBE18-01 Contractor Diversity Policy for Contracts for Small Public Works and Other Goods and Services less than $15,000 (Excluding Goods less than $5,000)
- Small Business(SBA) Size Standards
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS)
- Department of Transportation
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Supplier Diversity? -Supplier Diversity is a proactive business process that petitions to provide all suppliers equal access to contractual, consulting and purchasing opportunities. It promotes supplier participation which is reflective of our customer base and our community. Also, it encourages economic development through inclusion.
- Are there set-aside dollars for companies participating in the Supplier Diversity Program? - No, the program allows equal opportunities to all certified suppliers.
- Does MAWSS accept self-certification? - No, certification can be obtained through the Supplier Diversity office, which requires documentation to be presented and a site visit.
- Can I still conduct business with MAWSS even if I am not certified? - Yes, however, without a certification, your company will not be a part of the Supplier Diversity Program or have access to the benefits associated with it.