This request can take up to 24-48 hours to process. Incomplete information will delay the processing of your request.
This request involves turning off water at a current service location and requesting water service at a new location.
- All requests to turn water service off are processed on the next business day or later.
- In order to request a transfer of your residential service, a lease or deed may be required, along with another utility.
- Your present account must not be delinquent.
- Additional information may be required such as proof of service from another utility.
- The service charge is $40 for next business day or later.
To prevent the possibility of flooding, MAWSS requires someone to be at the premises to sign a service ticket indicating it is safe to turn on water on private property.
- If no one is present, the meter will be installed and left in the "off" position, with instructions on how customers may turn the water on themselves at the meter.
- A $40 service charge will apply if an additional trip is required by MAWSS to connect or turn on the service.
Transferring Service Request Form
Please fill out the form below to request service to be transferred. You may also download the .pdf file if you would like the print version.